Christmas Questions |
All The Christmas No. 1s |
Free Questions Series 1 -
110 Quizzes |
Free Questions Series 2 - 96
Questions Series 3 - Guest Submissions - 1 Quiz
News on: Quiz 4 FREE
(Check out our Random Quiz Below)
Starting soon 'Free Questions
Series 3 - Guest Submissions'. This series of questions is where you can submit YOUR
questions for publication on this site. We welcome your submissions. All
submissions are of course subject to editing to suit the site's terms of
use and conditions. Generally I prefer to use 20 questions per quiz as
this makes it easier for someone to build a quiz to suit their
particular needs. All questions are available for public use, however,
the copyright remains with the original author, so public use does not
include using these questions for any on or offline publications without
the authors permission,
Submit Here Tell me if you would like to be acknowledged as the
author of your quiz and if you wish to have a link to your website. (A
link back to
http://www.quiz4free.com/ would be appreciated, thanks.)
Watch this space! Bill Turnbull has finished his latest
quiz...I will be publishing it on FRIDAY 6th December...Bill
will be presenting his quiz to his local venue some time this
week...Then it will be published on this site after that. I
recommend that anyone who attends Bill's quizzes don't miss this
one... Don't forget I'll be CONNECTING the world to Bill
Turnbull's latest quiz on FRIDAY 6th December 2013...DON'T MISS
Quiz 4 Free offers FREE quiz questions and
answers to help you host the perfect
It doesn't matter if you are hosting a pub quiz or a quiz in your local
club or even a quiz in your own home. There are hundreds of FREE quizzes
on this site. In fact we have OVER four thousand FREE questions with
answers for you to choose from. In addition there are several pages with resources to help
you compile many more questions for your quiz, such as:
U.S. State Capitals List
(World List). More added regularly.
With thousands of free quiz questions and
from easy to difficult you have access to the material for setting a
perfect quiz to suit you and your guests.
Using the navigation menu at the top of
each page you will find everything you could possibly need
for a great quiz. You will find all the free questions you require to set up an
instant quiz here:
Free Questions Series 1 and here
series 2 Then you will find great big lists to insert into your
quiz as you require here:
U.S. State Capitals List and here
(List). Plus lots of help and advice.
When compiling your Pub or Club quiz
You will find 1000's of free quiz questions on Quiz for Free to help you. You don't
have to use a complete set of quiz questions in your pub quiz, why not mix
select free quiz questions from various sets and then add some current affairs
questions you have made up from your newspapers and magazines. You can
even make up some quiz questions from watching the TV News!
Adding questions about current affairs
helps to bring your quiz up-to-date and more interesting. Don't
forget your local papers. Local interest questions are always popular.
Here's a tip: Always copy and paste
more free questions than you need. So that while you are compiling your quiz
you have plenty of free questions to choose from. It doesn't take long to copy
an extra 20 free questions as insurance.
*OVER four thousand FREE questions
Random Quiz -
Quiz 93a - General Knowledge - Another great quiz
from Bill Turnbull:
I CALLED THIS ONE, GIVING YOU THE WILLIES
1. In which of his operas did Rossini use the alpenhorn? - William Tell
2. What was the real name of the WW 2 traitor Lord Haw Haw? - William
3. Which film star was known as the million dollar mermaid? - Esther
4. Who wrote Your Cheatin' Heart? - Hank Williams
5. Which former Welsh rugby international full back once won junior
Wimbledon? - JPR Williams
6. What is the nearest large town to Ben Nevis? - Fort William
7. Cassandra was the pseudonym of which writer in the Daily Mirror? -
8. The nickname of Twickenham rugby ground is whose cabbage patch? -
9. What was the name of the sound where the Exxon Vadez in 1999 caused a
huge oil spill? - Prince William Sound
10. Which English physician discovered the mechanism of blood
circulation? - William Harvey
11. Which playwright wrote Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and Camino Real? -
12. Which former soap star sang with a group called Take Ten? - William
Tarmey (Jack Duckworth)
13. Which William led a gang called The Outlaws? - William Brown (Just
14. Who had a number one in 2000 with Rock DJ? - Robbie Williams
15. Who did Margaret Thatcher defeat to become Conservative Party
leader? - William Whitelaw
16. Who played the role of Matt Dillon in the radio series of Gunsmoke
but did not get the TV role because he was too fat? - William Conrad
17. Who founded the Salvation Army? - William Booth
18. Who was the first black goalkeeper to play in the old first
division? - Alex Williams (Man City)
19. Who was the gay Admiralty clerk who was arrested for spying in 1962?
- William Vassall
20. What is the name of the liqueur made from pears? - Williamine
21. What flower was named after the Duke of Cumberland? - Sweet William
22. What is the name of the bridge that connects Manhattan and Brooklyn?
- Williamsburgh bridge
23. Which poet is buried in Grasmere churchyard? - William Wordsworth
24. Which Scottish patriot was executed in 1305? - William Wallace
25. Which Victorian murderer was known as The Staffordshire Poisoner? -
26. Who are the only sisters to have played each other in a Wimbledon
singles final? - Venus and Serena Williams
27. Who is considered to be the first English printer? - William Caxton
28. Who sponsored the annual Golden Spurs award which ran from 1973 to
1991? - William Hill
29. Who was known as the Shh You Know Who Man? - William Franklyn
30. Who was the female member of Britain's gang of four? - Shirley
31. Who wrote Vanity Fair? - William Makepeace Thackeray
32. What is the correct name of the Rugby World Cup trophy? - William
Webb Ellis Trophy
33. What is the name of the high school in the TV series Glee? - William
McKinley High School
34. What was Harold Wilson's secretary's name before she took the title
Lady Falkender? - Marcia Williams
35. Which company registered Father William as a trademark? - William
Younger (the brewers)
36. Which English composer wrote A Sea Symphony and A London Symphony? -
Ralph Vaughan Williams
37. Which William is associated with the abolition of slavery? - William
38. Who played the sergeant in Carry On Sergeant? - William Hartnell
39. Who was Mary Arden's famous son? - William Shakespeare
40. Who founded the Jaguar motor company? - William Lyons
Free Questions Series 2 - 96
Series 3 - Guest Submissions - 1 Quiz
Christmas Questions |
All The Christmas No. 1s
Arranging a quiz night, whether it's for a group of
friends at home; a family quiz or for the local pub quiz etc., can be quite a task
if you are not used to it!
Here are some tips to make it easier for you:
- First of all arrange the venue. Then send out
invitations and or put up posters advertising the event. You want to
ensure everyone knows about your quiz night.
- Decide how many questions you are going to ask.
40 is about right, especially for the first time. These can be arranged
into two sets of 20 questions. Give the answers and scores for the first
set before asking the next 20. Have a couple of 'Tie Breakers'
handy in case more than one person/group have the same total.
- Tie Breakers - used to decide a winner where
two teams or more end with the same score. These should be quite difficult, such
as, 'How far is it from London to Argentina' or something along those
lines. The winner is the team who gets the nearest answer.
- Be sure to check your questions and answers
carefully - I once used a question from a book and the book stated
the answer in kilometres when it should have been in miles! - Check and
double check to ensure you don't get complaints.
- When compiling your questions, there are lots of
resources, such as quiz books; newspapers (topical questions are
always popular) encyclopędias; dictionaries and of course the Internet.
- Print out some answer sheets: with headings
such as: Round 1, 1 - 20; Round 2, 21 - 40 and have a supply of scrap
paper available, so the teams can write down questions they may have to
- Prizes don't have to be expensive. At our club
for example, we charge ?1 per team plus we sell a 'football card'
(available from most printers shops) paying ?15 to the football card
winner and adding the remaining ?15 to the quiz prize money. Everyone
gets their ?1 back and the remaining money is given in descending
amounts, depending what the 'pot' holds, to the first 3 or 4 places. You
could offer free entry and run a raffle to generate a 'pot' if you like.
You may add this article to your site provided you leave all
links in place!
You will find various links to useful web sites
throughout this site. By using these links you will
help to keep this site FREE to use. Thank you.
Copy & Paste this link:
www.quiz4free.com into an
email and send it to all your friends, so they can get their share of the
You can use
Quiz 4 Free questions at home or for a pub/club quiz. Our small team of
dedicated researchers are always busy compiling questions and answers.
Some are easy; some are hard and some are just plain diabolical! Just the
right mix for a great quiz night.
Many people invite friends round for a party but the
party has no theme and therefore fizzles out sooner than expected,
because their guests are getting bored! With a well organised quiz theme, you are guaranteed a
successful party. Tip: Give your friends/relatives our web site address,
which is: www.quiz4free.com and you
may well get an invite to their quiz party! (No checking the answers on
your PC...that's cheating!:-)
Within this site, apart from thousands of well researched
questions, you will find tips on how to run a great quiz night and
everything is FREE.
If you require Quiz Books:
Then please use this safe
link to: Quiz Books From Amazon
and this safe link for: More Quiz Books and Games
(If you purchase any item from Amazon using these links, I will receive
a small commission to help with the running costs of this site. Thank